Preparation is key when it comes down to interviewing and here are some tips on how to prepare for the difficult questions that are asked at every interview!
- Think about recent situations that show favourable behaviours or actions around customer service, team work, initiative, planning etc.
- Take the time to prepare short descriptions of each situation so if you are asked for these you have done your homework.
- Be sure that each example you provide to the interviewer has a beginning, a middle and an end (situation, task, action and result).
- Make sure that the outcome of the story reflects favourable on you as an individual!
- Be honest about what you are telling the interviewer- they will very quickly realise if you are making it up.
- Be as specific as you can, don’t generalise about several events-give detailed accounts of one event.
- Try to vary your answers; don’t take them all from one part of your employment is you can.
The following two tabs change content below.
Tanya Gray highly driven individual, passionate about helping business owners understand and enjoy the recruitment process.