Production / CAD Draftsperson (Experienced or Graduate) – Hamilton
An exciting new role has been created with a Kiwi success story! Our client are manufacturers and wholesalers to the building trades, and strong demand for their quality product means they are expanding their design and manufacturing capabilities!
This role is an excellent opportunity for either an experienced CAD designer or enthusiastic graduate to join a forward-thinking and fun team that delivers a technical and specialist product. Experience working with aluminium design or fabrication is highly desirable, however, a wide skill in CAD designing for engineering is also of interest.
Working closely with the Project Manager, you will translate architectural drawings developed by the sales team into CAD designs that with stand up to strict tolerances and safety standards and be fully usable shop drawings and specifications. Once CAD drawings are completed, you will then program CNC files for the production team. You will also need to visit sites when needed to understand the specific environments the product will need to withstand and communicate across the team to ensure all parties are fully informed on specifications. A focus on LEAN principles is highly valued and an eye to find efficiencies in processes and reduce material waste through clean design is imperative.
Keys for success in this role:
- Either an experienced CAD draftsperson or a driven graduate
- Engineering and/or CNC programming experience beneficial
- Experience in use of Autodesk Inventor desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Organised, efficiency-minded, driven by detail and schedule
- Inventive spirit, enjoy the creative process
- Team-mindedness- this is a true team effort to give each customer the best product available on the market!
If you are interested in working for a rock-solid business with 30 years of success behind them, who are truly team-minded and respect everyone on the team, then send your cv today!
All applicants must have a current NZ work visa.
Latest posts by (see all)
- Recruiting from the Philippines – What Employers Need To Know - February 20, 2018
- What else to consider when writing Job Descriptions? - February 5, 2018
- Migrant Recruitment Under Labour Government in New Zealand - December 11, 2017