Supply Chain Manager – Christchurch
This family owned business is a leading supplier of high quality workwear and safety gear. Over the last 25 years they have built a reputation for excellent customer service with a very quick dispatch, ensuring their customers are impressed each and every time. With the growth they have experienced, they now need a Supply Chain Manager with Lean expertise to get the business running efficiently.
Your major focus will be on implementing Lean processes through analysing inefficiencies and setting up new systems. You will then need to motivate, manage and train the team in the new processes to ensure everyone is onboard. This role has a real significance in the success of the business going forward.
Your day to day responsibilities will include:
– Effective overall management and streamlining of the supply chain.
– Effective management and coordination of staff.
– Develop productivity projects within the supply chain using lean principles.
– Process improvement across the warehouse function.
– Ensuring a high level of customer service through all tasks and projects.
Above all, you will be responsible for the smooth running of the company’s supply chain operations.
You will currently be working in a similar role; Supply Chain Manager or Operations Manager and have a strong proven background in logistics and warehousing.
You will need to be/have:
– Trained or qualified in supply chain management and Lean principles ideally
– Warehouse management experience is a must
– Experience dealing with overseas suppliers preferred
– Proven experience improving inefficiencies, performing under pressure and producing results necessary
– Total accountability and ownership of the role required
– Ability to lead and manage staff and create great team spirit
– Highly customer focused and able to add value
– Hands on when needed and keen to pass on your knowledge to others
If you are ready to take on your next challenge, please attach your current CV together with a cover letter outlining your experience in line with the role requirements above.
The following two tabs change content below.
Latest posts by (see all)
- Employing migrants in New Zealand- what NOT to do. - July 24, 2017
- Migrant Recruitment Offers New Pool of Skilled Workers in New Zealand - June 8, 2017
- Be the Candidate with the Stand Out CV! - October 21, 2016