Maintenance Technician/Pilot Driver – Kaiwaka
Company: For almost 50 years this successful family owned business has been providing quality concrete products across a diverse range of usage from civil and construction to down on the farm. They are now looking for a practical, sensible person to work on heavy diesel, automotive and other plant and equipment.
Role: This is a hands-on role where no two days will be the same. You can use your existing mechanical experience and technical mindset to complete maintenance and minor repairs on the companies range of trucks, forklifts and equipment. This part of the role would be approximately 24hours a week. If you are willing to train as a Pilot Driver, you can make the role full time.
About You: You need to be flexible and roll with the punches as your duties will change to meet business needs. You will enjoy variety and thrive on challenges., though it is important you know your own ability and outsource jobs where needed. Most of all, you will bring a can-do attitude and take pride in your work.
To be considered for this role you will have:
- Experience and knowledge of servicing diesel engines and heavy equipment (not necessarily qualified).
- Ability to carry out repairs and preventative maintenance.
- Full clean driver’s license and knowledge of NZ driving laws (for Pilot Driving).
- Proactive and able to take the initiative.
- Have a safety-first attitude.
- Strong problem-solving skills and a love for tinkering!
In return you will be part of a great team that rewards hard work and values their people. Please attach your current CV outlining your experience in line with the role requirements listed above.