Operations Manager – Christchurch
This family owned business is a leading supplier of high quality workwear and safety gear. Over the last 25 years they have built a reputation for excellent customer service with a very quick dispatch, ensuring their customers are impressed each and every time. They after an Operations Manager with Lean expertise to bring in new systems and processes.
Your major focus will be on implementing Lean processes through analysing inefficiencies and setting up new systems. You will then need to motivate, manage and train the team in the new processes to ensure everyone is onboard. This role has a real significance in the success of the business going forward.
This role includes working with the sale and warehouse teams to ensure that service promises are delivered, overseeing the warehouse – measure and report to increase efficiencies and capacity, providing support and a connection between all areas of operations, preparing operations rosters and managing large customer orders
Above all, you will be responsible for the smooth running of the company’s supply chain operations.
You will need:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in operations management within a similar environment
- Thorough knowledge and proven experience of Lean processes and implementation
- Proven successful experience in managing change in an existing operations team
- Experience dealing with overseas suppliers preferred
- Proven experience improving inefficiencies, performing under pressure and producing results necessary
- Total accountability and ownership of the role required
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to lead and manage staff and create great team spirit
- Highly customer focused and able to add value
- Hands on when needed and keen to pass on your knowledge to others
If you are ready to take on your next challenge, please attach your current CV together with a cover letter outlining your experience in line with the role requirements above.