Packing Team Leader – Blenheim
This family owned, Kiwi business has a passion for bringing out the best in food. Through the myriad ingredients, innumerable combinations and countless methods and measurements they use years of experience to distinguish the right approach and to reach the right result. With fresh produce, careful science and innovative techniques they make the flavour come first!
Initially to cover 12 months maternity leave, they now need a hardworking and experienced Team Leader who will be keen to move and grow into a senior Production role within the company in 12 months’ time.
The role duties are all based around seeing the packing area operate smoothly. You must be able to make improvement suggestions on a weekly basis, manage the packing schedule, ensure your team is productive always by forward planning things such as packing lines and managing and leading your team to ensure a positive working environment. This is a busy role where you will be working under pressure and timeframes. The successful candidate will be able to embrace and encourage change and be willing to provide help and assistance to others, you won’t sweat the small stuff and you see the bigger picture.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a Team Leader role
- Ambitious and driven to take the next step up.
- Experience in a small to medium sized business is ideal
- Understand Food Safety and Quality Systems
- Must have good Lean Management skills
- Maintenance and machine experience
- Strong organisations and prioritising skills
- Able to lead, manage and motivate a team
- Works hard and gets the job done
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Team player who is willing to help when needed
- Basic computer skills and forklift licence an advantage
If you are ready to take on your next challenge, please attach your current CV together with a cover letter outlining your experience in line with the role requirements above.