Purchasing Manager – Christchurch
The Business: This company was established in 1991 as a family business and continues in family ownership with the second generation. They are a supplier of extensive range of high quality workwear, safety gear, footwear and uniforms. Due to growth, they need an outgoing and confident Purchasing Manager.
The Role: Reporting to the Operations Manager, this is an exciting and challenging role where you will be responsible for building collaborative relationships with suppliers to ensure quality product, best pricing and targeted range development are the order of the day! Your role will include all aspects of Purchasing and Inventory Management & Logistics, and you will be ensuring that the customers’ orders are delivered in full and on time.
To be successful, you will have a minimum of 3 years proven experience in a similar Purchasing Management role, together with strong experience in Inventory Management. Ideally you will come from a similar industry that could include stationery, engineering supplies etc. Experience gained in smaller to medium size companies is also advantageous, whilst a mature and energetic attitude is non-negotiable.
In addition, we are looking for someone who is/has
- Strong negotiating skills.
- A mature and energetic attitude
- Excellent interpersonal skills that ensure you are comfortable dealing with a variety of parties at all levels.
- Strong numeracy and literacy levels.
- Technically minded.
- Excellent people management skills.
- Understands the real meaning of “Outstanding Customer Service”.
- A fast worker who is very productive.
- Strong and proven organisational, planning and prioritising skills.
- A “true” problem solver
- Intermediate to advanced level computer skills to include Microsoft Suite
- Excellent personal presentation.
Above all, you will be a person with the highest levels of trust and integrity. You will also be an exceptional team player who is happy to embrace the company’s positive work culture.
Does this sound like the role you have been waiting for? If you think you have what it takes to excel in this role, please apply with your CV and a Cover Letter outlining how your skills are relevant to the company’s requirements