Plenty of reasons!
- Temps help with demand planning and can support the peak demand periods and special projects while allowing the business to sustain an overall lower labour cost.
- The work doesn’t wait to be completed. You get immediate help.
- Try before you buy! Check out your staff before you hire them permanently.
- Don’t worry if you don’t have approval for permanent staff; you can still get the job done by hiring a temp.
- When staff have annual leave, you can still ensure deadlines are met.
- If you know that your business goes in cycles, for example harvest season, you can manage your variable costs.
- Legislation requires you keep a job open for those staff taking parental leave. The easiest way is to hire a temp for the duration.
- That horrible job that just never gets done can be sorted out quickly with temp staff.
- Reward your best staff with project work while you get a temp to sort out the menial stuff.
- If you don’t have the skills in house, then hire them in.
- Bogged down in a permanent recruitment process that takes months? A temp can solve the immediate problem while you secure the best permanent solution.
- Total cost versus the rate. By not having the right resources in house, the total cost of any project could be much more than the hourly rate for a temp.
- Let an agency handle all the hassle of having your payroll processed. All you get is an invoice once a week.
- Support your in-house talent with externally sourced skills. Just having the support can build team morale.
- Emergency! Have someone in the seat fast and ideally within the hour.
Want to know more?
Please feel free to give us a call on 09 280 3977 or send us an email to to find out more about ‘Temps’ or to have a chat with one of our team about what else we can do for you!
Next step: Are you wondering how your HR processes stack up?
If you’d like to know what you’re doing well in terms of your HR and Recruitment (and discover which areas need attention), find out with our free HR audit. It’s confidential, quick and easy!
Tanya Gray, BA
Director of Recruit NZ
PS. If you’re wondering if Recruit NZ is reputable, we’ve worked with household names such as Konica Minolta, PlaceMakers, Mitre 10, Bunnings, LJ Hooker Real Estate, and more.
Latest posts by Tanya Gray (see all)
- Local sourcing of skilled migrants - April 2, 2019
- Employer Accreditation for Skilled Migrant Employment - March 5, 2019
- Impact of Key Performance Indicators on Business Performance - November 5, 2018